UPPAbaby Knox Convertible Car Seat
The KNOX features a SMARTSecure System, similar to the MESA that provides visual indication that turns from red to green demonstrating when the car seat is correctly installed. With a focus on safety, its Energy Response Technology provides comprehensive side impact protection throughout the seat from top to bottom while the Multi-Directional Tether reduces rotation of the seat and stress on the child’s head and neck.
Intelligently incorporated into the base of the KNOX, Koroyd provides superior impact absorption by utilizing technology developed from aerospace safety research.
- SMARTSecureTM system provides visual confirmation the car seat is installed correctly
- Energy Response Technology provides unparalleled side impact protection, including:
- Active Response Headrest utilizes absorption and recovery properties of foam including EPP to deliver protection to the head and neck that grows with your child
- Side Impact Pods on side of the shell spread forces in the event of a side impact crash
- Impact Dispersion Zone utilizes EPP throughout the seat as well as strategically placed between the inner and outer shell to ensure crash forces are absorbed into the seat rather than the child
- Koroyd technology, integrated into the base, crumples instantly and consistently on impact to absorb force and reduce acceleration
- Multi-Directional Tether reduces seat rotation and stress on a child’s head and neck in both front and rear impact crashes accounting for a 38% reduction in injury
- Nine-position no-rethread harness adjusts with headrest
- Passive Side Impact Protection – it’s ALWAYS there – no required action by the caregiver
Rear-facing convertible from 14 – 65 lbs.
Fit inlay required rear-facing from 14 – 25 lbs.
Forward-facing convertible from 25 – 65 lbs.